The transition toward digital and online gaming compared to the physical copies of games began as early as the middle of the early 20s. It implied the point when more games were purchased and played online than earlier. This was also validated by a report released by NPD linking to digital downloads. However, this was significantly down against the phenomenal success and growth of websites like Steam and UPlay.
Apparently, the evolution of cloud computing has since captivated most of the gaming industry and seems set to offer us further innovations. So, let’s take a look at how the gaming industry and gaming platforms like Xbox Roblox, Twitch League of Legends, and Betway football have taken over the scenario while benefiting millions of users.
How Is Cloud Computing Taking Control Of The Gaming Industry?
Generally, gamers struggle with the big-budget of equipment as an inceptive outlay for their gaming experience. This simply happens when the layout for interesting games. In fact, now cloud computing has become so prevalent that it is actually more expensive and difficult to set up with the standard physical games. Here’s a quick rundown that explains the benefits; feel free to look at them.
- If the system experiences any error, you will not lose your game progress.
- Every piece of information is protected as per the data protection and user security standards. So there’s not even a little chance for hackers to do anything unforeseen.
- The cloud passage enables the users to play high-quality games on low-end consoles; users experience their gaming time in excellent quality even on a mobile device. Isn’t that amazing?
- Users with online gaming challenges can play and save their progress with time, and that too across multiple gaming versions. Also, they can switch between with absolute ease.
- Piracy becomes harder as there is no version released of physical copies.
- Usually, any game can be played on any compatible device, regardless of your geographical location. Indeed, what else can beat this in this digital era?
What The Future Holds For The Cloud Computing And Gaming World?
By 2021, there will be more than 2.73 billion gamers across the globe, as per a Statista source. With games like Minecraft, GTA, Poker, League of Legends, Betway football, and IPL becoming a hit in less than a week, it is not surprising to discover the trend. Eventually, cloud computing has solved many problems experienced by both companies, who work tirelessly to entertain their users. However, the question remains whether every thriving platform is just as excited as Microsoft and Google were by this shift.
Still, some realists are envisioning the big picture behind the hype, even with the limitations of the internet in real-time. Beyond any question, these games can even work at the speed of light. Yes, you read that right! We all are almost set to see a big change in the future with flawless gameplay perfection.